Dr. Dhiraj is presently working in SNU in Dept. of Chemical Engineering of School of Engineering as Assistant Professor.
He is involved in teaching various courses like
His areas of research and expertise include
He is just completed DST approved Project titled "Numerical Study and Analysis of Chaotic Advection During Free Radical Polymerization Reactions in Coiled Flow Inverter Microreactor" .
Earlier he had worked in Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd. (DAE). There he had worked in 6 different nuclear power plants (NPPs) based on PHWR technology at 4 different sites throughout India varying from oldest (RAPS-1&2) to latest (RAPP-5) and smallest (RAPS-1&2) to largest (TAPP-3) NPP till that time. He had experience in General and Shift Operations, Pre-Commissioning, and Commissioning, and Technical Services. He had implemented and proposed various engineering changes to some existing systems which improved their efficiency, reliability and safety aspects. For which he was awarded outstanding promotion to Scientific Officer-D (SO-D).
The objectives of the ONGOING project are as follows.
1. To make the modelling of FRP in CFD as complete as possible to include all the relevant effects (gel, glass, and cage effect at higher conversion, variation of diffusion of individual chemical species in polymer solution alongwith variable fluid thermo-physical properties with conversion).
2. To validate the CFD simulation results obtained through modelling obtained above against the experimental data under similar operating conditions.
3. Visualization of chaotic advection through existing mathematical tools.
4. To perform the geometrical and operational optimization of CFIM with the objective of maximizing the extent of chaotic advection.
5. To figure out new correlations, conditions, parameters, if possible, characterizing the role played by various geometric, kinetic parameters, and fluid and flow conditions in affecting chaotic advection and its extent.
6. To extend this study to other monomer/polymer systems.
He is actively looking for PhD students for above mentioned research areas and even for noval and emerging research areas including bio-technology.
The PhD student should be
The interested candidate