Dr. Ramesh Gupta is Associate Professor in Department of Mechanical Engineering at Shiv Nadar University (SNU). He is associated with the Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) group of the Department. He has very rich background of research and industrial experience on CAE domain. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in the area of nonlinear material models from the Department of Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru. His research interest includes Analytical characterization of nonlinear material models (hyperelastic, dielectric elastomers), Dimensional reduction of structures using VAM, 3D printing: auxetic structures; organic solar cells; battery fibers, Nonlinear non-classical effects, Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis, XFEM, Multi-flexible body-dynamics, Biomechanics, and UAV/MAV/eVTOL. He established Multi-Functional Composites (MFC) Lab. His lab involved in development analytical tools, numerical software and experimental activities.
2012 Ph.D (Aerospace Engineering) Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
2002 M.Tech (Computer Aided Design of Structures) Malnad College of Engineering, VTU.
1998 B. Tech Bapatla Engineering College
05/02 – 07/03 Senior consultant engineer, Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), Bengaluru
03/11 – 04/12 Technical Lead, MSC software, Symphony Services Pvt. Ltd, Pune
04/12 – 07/13 Assistant Manager, Infotech Enterprises Ltd (currently Cyient Ltd) , Hyderabad
07/13 – 06/19 Assistant Professor, Shiv Nadar University, Delhi NCR, Greater Noida
07/19 – Present Associate Professor, Shiv Nadar University, Delhi NCR, Greater Noida
Teaching & Research Interests
Teaching interest: Linear and Nonlinear FEA, Mechanics of composite structures, Plates and Shells, Advanced numerical methods, KDoM, CAD, Mechanics of solids, Continuum mechanics, Introduction to flight, Energy and varitional methods
Research interest: Computational mechanics, VAM (Variational Asymptotic Method) , Nonlinear material models (hyperelastic, dielectric elastomers), Auxetic structures, Linear and nonlinear finite element analysis, NURBS (geometry based analysis), Multi-body dynamics, Biomechanics, High Altitude Airships (HAA), UAV/MAV/eVTOL, Multifunctional smart composite structures and 3D printing: solar cells, battery fiber, auxetic structures
2014 International travel grant, DST (SERB), India.
2008 International fellowship, ENS de Cachan, France.
Reviewer: International Journal of Engineering Sciences (IJES), Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, AIAA Journal, Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines, International Journal of Advances in Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics, Journal of Aircraft, Journal of Applied Mechanics and Materials, AIAA conference (Gossamer spacecraft forum), Biennial international conference on Power and Energy Systems: Towards Sustainable Energy (PESTSE)
External examiner: Applied Mechanics Department, IIT-D for M.Tech students
Chair and organizer of symposium: Analysis and Design of Multi-Functional Composite Structures, 12th International Conference of Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics (ICNAAM 2014), Greece, 22—28 Sept. 2014.
Orgnizing committee member: 39th National Systems Conference (NSC2015), Shiv Nadar University, 14 – 16 Dec. 2015
- Ramesh Gupta Burela, Energizing the world with innovative multifunctional composite structures, Third International Conference on Advanced Materials (ICAM 2019), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, Aug. 9-11, 2019.
- Ramesh Gupta Burela, Floating and Flying Aerospace Vehicles for Multi Role Capabilities, Celestia Explora (Astronomy Club of SNU), Shiv Nadar University, Sept. 30, 2019.
- Ramesh Gupta Burela, 3D Printing of Composites (webinar), Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education, May 21, 2020.
- Jagath K (Defended on 22-05-2020), Title: Geometric nonlinear analysis of laminated composite stiffened panels using Variational Asymptotic Method (VAM)
- Ranjan Mishra, (Thesis submitted on 05-07-2020), Title: Fracture and Fatigue analysis of piezoelectric structures with multiple discontinuities using Extended Finite Element Method (XFEM)
- Balaji [co-guide] (Comprehensive exam cleared), Title: Design, development and automated manufacturing system for auxetic structures
2020 SNU Coordinator: IIRS-ISRO outreach network program 
2020 Head (Designated), SNU-Dassault Systems Center of Excellence (SDC)